Username re-write or re-map.

Anders Norrbring lists at norrbring.se
Fri Nov 5 10:49:05 EST 2004

I've noticed a really annoying behaviour that I can't seem to get rid
of.

I host several virtual domains, all which works really fine.
I also have a linux user named "anders", his mail also works. Too
good..

If I set up a new virtual domain, lets call it vdomain.tld, and I do
not have a valid e-mail account named anders at vdomain.tld, then the
system account "anders" will get that mail.

The system account should be valid ONLY for the machine's own domain,
lets say machine.tld.

So, how can I stop e-mail sent to anders at vdomain.tld to be routed to
anders at machine.tld ?  Those e-mails should bounce as "account
unknown".

Postfix delivers correctly to amavis, and amavis also sends it in the
correct format (anders at vdomain.tld) via LMTP to cyrus.  So, the problem must
be somewhere in the cyrus or web-cyradm configs...

Any ideas, please?

Anders.