Cyrus Sendmail integration

Akshay Kumar akshay at cs.columbia.edu
Fri Nov 5 13:07:34 EST 2004

I am running Sendmail-8.13.1 and Cyrus-imapd-2.2.8. Problem is Sendmail
does not know which destination addresses are valid and so tries to deliver
everything at mydomain to cyrus. Now even if the mailbox does not exist
Sendmail hands it off to Cyrus, which complains that its undeliverable
generating a message to postmaster. The mail reply to address is also
usually bogus so I end up getting two mails for every attempt to a non
existent mailbox.

Now I looked at http://anfi.homeunix.net/sendmail/. I can compile sendmail
with SOCKETMAP, that's simple enough. Question is were the patches for
cyrusv2 ever integrated in Sendmail-8.13.1 and what about FEATURE(`mrs')? I
couldn't find anything on mrs, is there some other solution?

I don't want to wade through the configs if someone else already has so I
thought I'd post here first.

Thanks and Best,
Akshay