When users delete mail, I want it to be moved to Trash.

James Greenhalgh james.greenhalgh at worldpay.com
Wed Oct 23 07:10:29 EDT 2002

On 21 Oct 2002 17:12:02 -0400
Erik Enge <eenge at prium.net> wrote:

> Thanks for the rapid replies.  We will probably end up staying with our
> current POP solution unless Outlook proves to behave smart and does not
> delete mail but actually moves it to Trash before trying to EXPUNGE
> (which would then fail because of lacking permissions on that mailbox).

You have no problems with Outlook and POP?  Lucky man!

I wish we could just ban Outlook from the network entirely - it's insecure,
about as intuitive as trying to pole vault in zero gravity, and it has a
hideously braindead method of POP retrieval (retr * mails_in_box, dele instead
of (retr,dele) * mails_in_box - leading to multiple retrieval if the
connection breaks).  In addition I'm currently investigating IMAP servers to
bypass the problem of user PST files which tend to corrupt at a certain size -
and from a lot of digging with google and the cyrus list archives, I gather it
doesn't play very nicely with IMAP servers either.

Definite candidate for Worst Software Ever.

james