alice-teacher Alice Player Meta Quest updates

Melanie Lam mjyee at andrew.cmu.edu
Fri Jan 13 19:03:40 EST 2023

Masudi,

We have collected community reports and verified a few different problems.

1) On Mac OS 13 Ventura- Alice 2.5 doesn’t go past the launch screen. This is a known issue and we don’t currently have a fix.

If possible, we would suggest holding off on the Mac OS Ventura update.I

2)on Mac OS 13,  If you’re installing Alice 3, you will need to disable dark mode to install successfully.

3) On M1 machines, Alice 2.5 is not identified as an Intel app and so may not prompt a Rosetta 2 install. To fix this, you can install Alice 3 which will correctly prompt a Rosetta 2 install.

4) If you’re using the Alice Player on Quest, we have an update to fix the freeze on Unity screen:

https://github.com/TheAliceProject/alice-unity-player/releases/tag/untagged-4a7f3a4cc8314fd11b80

Thanks,
Melanie