alice-teacher A number list is being filled with booleans

Carlos Bovell cbovell at nburlington.com
Tue Jan 25 11:33:01 EST 2022

Hi,

We have a project where I'm asking the students to make change and output how many 20s, how many 10s, etc will be needed to make the change. A student is trying to fill a number list with the quotients and getting some weird results that gets in the way of his being able to use the quotients elsewhere in his project. This is what we see when we "watch the variables" (see below). Note that two of the elements in the list appear as booleans. Could that be what is causing elsewhere later on when he tries to use these values as numbers?

Thanks for taking my question.

Carlos Bovell
Northern Burlington High School

[cid:f96b162f-0389-44f2-8633-98f7c86c3939]