alice-teacher ALice 3 camera marker simultaneous movement

Donald Slater djslater107 at mac.com
Fri Apr 22 08:03:01 EDT 2022

I believe that Melanie’s suggestion is the best one. Markers, both camera and object, were not designed to be moveable during runtime, only in the Scene setup. The metaphor Alice is using is that of markers or “spikes’ used in theatrical productions, which once set, should not be moved during the show.  If a marker is needed at another location, create a new marker.

Melanie is suggesting the creation of a virtual “rig” that is attached the camera to the character or vehicle.

1. Position the camera in its relative position to the character.
2. Add the object that will serve as the “rig” to the Scene. (We have found that the axes, found in the Shapes Gallery works well for this purpose.)
3. Move and Orient the rig object to the camera.
4. Set the Vehicle property of the rig object to the character.
5. Set the Opacity property of the rig object to 0.0.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Don Slater