alice-teacher Populating A World With Trees

Vanderhyde, James vanderhyde at sxu.edu
Wed Feb 24 10:54:27 EST 2021

Bill, there is no way to programmatically add objects in Alice 2 or Alice 3, as far as I know.

I have entertained the idea of setting up a bunch of trees near the player’s starting point, and then using a program to move them to a new place as the player gets far away from them. This may or may not be easier than just creating a bunch of trees in the scene setup.

James
—
James Vanderhyde
Associate Professor and Department Chair
Computer Science
Saint Xavier University
3700 W. 103rd St.
Chicago, IL 60655