alice-teacher Alice VR Quest2

Eric Brown ewbrown at andrew.cmu.edu
Mon Dec 6 12:48:59 EST 2021

Adam,

As you note the quest 2 is a stand alone vr.  It can however run as a desktop VR using the link cord to connect it to a desktop.  This cord can be purchased separately or I believe the charging cord that comes with it may work for this purpose when removed from the plug component.  If you have it connected to a desktop there is an Oculus desktop application that will power it.  It is not an application that you need to purchase.  If you look at this page you will see the download software button associated with the section:

Oculus link:  To play Oculus Rift content on Quest 2, install the Oculus App on a compatible gaming computer, then connect your headset using the Oculus Link cable or similar high-quality USB 3 cable.

You can think of Alice VR as Oculus Rift content since it currently runs on desktop.  If you have this application up and running and you are viewing the home screen in the headset associated with this application then when you launch the Alice Player it will take over the headset and you will see the Alice VR landing space and menu.

Sincerely,

Eric