alice-teacher New Alice Beta Releases

Eric Brown ewbrown at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed May 20 18:59:17 EDT 2020

Dear All,

We have released a new beta versions of both the Alice 3 IDE and the Alice 3 Player.  There are a lot of good fixes in there including a fix to vehicling and our collision and proximity event handling so that the recently reported issues with the frogger world should now be resolved.  Thank you again for sharing that and please continue to do so.  Full list of release notes below:

http://www.alice.org/get-alice/alice-3-beta-vr/

We have also released more of or our recent workshop video captures in our youtube channel.  Take a look:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2vYlw8bSEXRR4xZ_9hiPzqZmtCJxvvru

Sincerely,

Eric

Alice 3 IDE

	•	Migration repair for fir trees and ice floes
	•	Correct size handling around sims models and joints
	•	Add sizing to Person export
	•	Improve setVehicle operation
	•	Repair Collision, Occlusion, and Proximity events
	•	Allow export of incomplete meshes
	•	Quadruped tail array export

Alice Unity Player:

	•	New VR lobby
	•	Improved import of Sims people and models when resized or posed.
	•	Add ijkl as secondary VR joystick controls
	•	Bug fixes for
	◦	Events. Better behavior. More consistent. Prevent duplicate notifications.
	◦	Ground tiling
	◦	Collider behavior
	◦	Setting vehicle
	◦	VR Hand interactions