alice-teacher Alice 3 very sluggish

Vanderhyde, James vanderhyde at sxu.edu
Fri Jan 17 10:07:16 EST 2020

In case anyone is interested, it turns out that the computers I am using have an older Core i5 CPU (maybe about 8 years old) with integrated graphics, and Intel does not have a graphics driver for Windows 10 for that CPU. My solution is to abandon our classroom (the one with instruction incorporated into the design) and go to a different classroom that has newer Intel processors whose graphics are compatible with Windows 10. The other classrooms are not ideal for instructional purposes, but at least the software works.

James
—
James Vanderhyde
Associate Professor and Department Chair
Computer Science
Saint Xavier University
3700 W. 103rd St.
Chicago, IL 60655