alice-teacher Arrays in Alice 3

Vanderhyde, James vanderhyde at sxu.edu
Mon Apr 6 16:25:10 EDT 2020

Eric, thanks. What would be helpful is something a little more abstract, like the List interface, where you don’t care so much which items are where, but just whether the items are in there or not, and adding and removing at will. In Alice 2, I had a few assignments and labs using contains and moving items from one list to another, things that are actually very useful to be able to do easily. I can create a linked list myself using object references, but I don’t want to have to teach my Alice students implementation of linked lists just to do this stuff.

James
—
James Vanderhyde
Associate Professor and Department Chair
Computer Science
Saint Xavier University
3700 W. 103rd St.
Chicago, IL 60655