alice-teacher Version recommendation?

Moran, Deborah - The Academy - Teacher deborah.moran at bgreen.kyschools.us
Fri Nov 9 08:56:15 EST 2012

I am brand new to Alice but am impressed by the potential. I have been encouraged to utilize it with my technology students and am excited about the possibilities; however, I must make a recommendation to our administrative team and technology depart as to which version of Alice to install on our school computers. My first inclination was to go with the latest version; however, most of the instructional materials and tutorials/projects on the website relate to version 2.x which from what I've read are not particularly compatible with version 3.1 so I am requesting feedback and suggestions from this list.

Any suggestions you can offer a newbie would be most appreciated,

Deborah L. Moran
Mathematics and Technology Teacher
The Academy at Eleventh Street
877 E 11th Ave
Bowling Green, KY 42101
VOX: 270.746.2321
FAX: 270.746.2325
http://www.b-g.k12.ky.us/olc/teacher.aspx?s=999

Students must learn to think mathematically and they must think mathematically to learn. - Adding it Up.