alice-teacher can you combine 2 different worlds into one?

Deane Fistick deane.fistick at ecotoh.org
Thu Nov 8 18:57:41 EST 2012

There is a tutorial on the Duke website  http://www.cs.duke.edu/csed/alice09/tutorials.php called "Scene Change". Basically you set your scenes spread apart in your world and set a dummy camera view to each scene. When moving the camera point of view from one scene to the next, you fade out in the world, move to the next scene and fade back in (having changed characters, etc. while faded out). There is an OBJECT file named "ground2.a2c" which you can IMPORT into your world that allows you to change the ground "skin texture" property (the 6 standard ground choices) AS THE PROGRAM RUNS.

I've attached the "ground2.a2c" object file.

Hope that helps.

Mr. Deane Fistick
Electronic Classroom of Tomorrow
HS Computer Programming Teacher