alice-teacher Variables

Rikki Fletcher fletcher at csusm.edu
Tue Nov 6 13:11:05 EST 2012

I use the same explanation for Alice students as for regular programming
students.
Variables are named storage in RAM.
As the program runs, it writes values to RAM, and as it needs the values
it reads them.  I use rectangles to represent memory location.

It helps them understand why variable names of the same type must be unique.