[Access Lunch] FYI: Neurodiversity Conference at Northeastern University in August

Andrew Begel abegel at andrew.cmu.edu
Mon Apr 22 11:53:45 EDT 2024

From: Brenner, Erik <e.brenner at northeastern.edu>
Date: Monday, April 22, 2024 at 11:48 AM
To: abegel at andrew.cmu.edu <abegel at andrew.cmu.edu>, Amy Tavares <atavares at andrew.cmu.edu>
Subject: Neurodiversity Conference at NU
Hi Amy and Andy,

I'd like to reach out to you regarding the summer Northeast Region Neurodiversity Conference we are planning in August. I'm very excited that Amy has agreed to be a panelist for one of our discussions! I'd love to be able to invite CMU Engineering faculty, staff, DEI practitioners and anyone else you think would be interested in attending.  I've included a link to the conference website and a quick blurb that could be used to communicate an invitation.

https://newenglandhigheredconference2024.sites.northeastern.edu/

Conference overview

The conference is based on the principles of the Neurodiversity Support Initiative advocated by Northeastern University College of Engineering. A kickoff hybrid (in person/virtual/asynchronous) conference as a precursor to the development of a “Northeast Region Higher Education Neurodiversity Coalition” (NEHENC) through which higher education scholars and practitioners can gather as a community to explore and share best practices on how to improve educational and professional outcomes for Neurodivergent Engineering Students. The conference will allow participants to receive training and gain an understanding of neurodiversity, before delving into specific sessions.

Dr. Erik Brenner

Director, Diversity Initiatives and Engagement

Enhancing the Support of Neurodiverse Individuals

Book an appointment here<https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/DrBrennersOfficeHours@northeastern.onmicrosoft.com/bookings/>.

[cid:d9c19bd1-fe4b-4e51-a34c-8e8bf38ea347]