[Access Lunch] Call for Summer Project Collaborators: HCI Disability Guidelines

Sara Kingsley skingsle at cs.cmu.edu
Thu Apr 22 13:17:03 EDT 2021

Thank you so much Aaron and Jeff for the resources! We'll definitely cite
and build upon those.

I like how the National Center on Disability and Journalism style guide
highlights preferences that specific disabled communities have. I am not
aware of every group's preferences, especially around person-first
language. I definitely need to do some more research on that. One question
for the guidelines is maybe how much to break-down broad categories into
specific disabilities in order to call attention to preferences and harmful
stereotypes? Another is whether to center the Guidelines around
accessibility and using assistive technology, given that resources exist
for language?

Everyone, we'll reach back out at the end of the semester. For those who
have emailed, we'll schedule a first meeting for after that.

Thank you again for the resources.  Appreciate additional resources or
recommendations people have! Thank you

<https://calendly.com/sarakingsley/schedule>