[Access Lunch] Reading for this Week

Sara Kingsley skingsle at cs.cmu.edu
Mon Mar 22 14:59:41 EDT 2021

Hi everyone,

Please find the reading for this week attached, the paper is, "Invisibility
in Disability and Assistive Technology."

The article discusses the roles of visibility and stigma and assistive
technology.

A few motivating questions for the discussion are below.

*Questions:*

   - How should designers design assistive technology to help users keep
   their disability invisible?
   - Should designers create public awareness campaigns that address and
   attempt to combat stigma instead? Here, the idea is that addressing stigma
   could help alleviate challenges persons living with disabilities have when
   wearing or using assistive technology

To access the meeting, please use this Zoom conference link:
https://cmu.zoom.us/j/95170225799?pwd=UkhZWmwwUkp6M3BMR1dsM0taNjNnZz09

Meeting date: Thursday, March 25
Meeting Time: 1:30 pm EST

Looking forward to our discussion on Thursday.

Sara

--
*Sara Kingsley*
PhD student, Human-Computer Interaction Institute

*want to chat about research, projects or coursework?*
please feel free to schedule time to meet with me at this link, thank you:
https://calendly.com/sarakingsley/sara-schedule
<https://calendly.com/sarakingsley/schedule>