[Access Lunch] Reading for Thursday Feb 25

Breanna Baltaxe-Admony bre at ucsc.edu
Fri Feb 19 15:51:36 EST 2021

Hi everyone,

This week, we'll chat about interdependence, access intimacy, and forced
intimacy. I'd like to share several blog posts from Mia Mingus and A.H
Reaume for this week's reading. Thanks to Cindy for helping me curate this
list!

*Here are the readings for this week: *

   - Mia Mingus's speaking excerpts on interdependence
      -
      https://leavingevidence.wordpress.com/2010/01/22/interdependency-exerpts-from-several-talks/
   - A blog post by A.H Reaume on interdependence (also featured in
   Disability Visibility!)
      -
      http://open-book.ca/Columnists/Interdependence-as-Disabled-Poetics-and-Praxis-Or-Why-My-Novel-is-Dedicated-to-My-Disabled-Friend-Maddy
   - A blog post by Mia Mingus on access intimacy
      -
      https://leavingevidence.wordpress.com/2011/05/05/access-intimacy-the-missing-link/
      - A blog post by Mia Mingus on forced intimacy
      -
      https://leavingevidence.wordpress.com/2017/08/06/forced-intimacy-an-ableist-norm/

If you're interested in reading more in the future, I've attached three
readings on interdependence in assistive technology contexts. I'd also
suggest this talk from Mia Mingus
<https://leavingevidence.wordpress.com/2017/04/12/access-intimacy-interdependence-and-disability-justice/>
as further reading.

I'm so looking forward to our discussion! I've really enjoyed being a part
of this reading group and getting to know you all. :)

*As always, join us at Accessibility Lunch on Thursday, February 18th at
1:30 PM Eastern Time here:*
https://cmu.zoom.us/j/94637562700

We welcome this message to be shared outside of HCII with anyone interested
in accessibility, disability, and technology, but please do not post the
Zoom link publicly.

Join the Accessibility Lunch email list here to ensure that you receive
future announcements.