[Access Lunch] Reading for next Thursday February 11th

Stephanie Valencia Valencia svalenci at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Feb 4 16:46:08 EST 2021

Hi Everyone,

We had a great discussion today, thank you so much Cynthia for hosting and
leading!

I am looking forward to continuing our reading group discussion next week
with a chapter from the Disability Visibility book by Alice Wong.
<https://disabilityvisibilityproject.com/about/> Disability Visibility
presents first-person stories from the 21st century. We will be reading the
chapter "Gaining Power through Communication Access" featuring Lateef
McLeod. <http://www.lateefhmcleod.com/> Please find the reading attached.

As a reminder, we meet every Thursday from 1:30 to 2:30 Eastern Time at the
Zoom link below.

Also, we are *looking for a volunteer to choose our next reading and lead
the discussion on February 18. *Interested people can email Cynthia
Bennett. Feel free to also reach out if you would like to facilitate a
discussion for the reading group but are not sure about what reading to
suggest, we are happy to help with that!

We  welcome this message to be shared outside of HCII with anyone
interested in accessibility, disability, and technology, but please do not
post the Zoom link publicly.

Join Accessibility Lunch on Thursday, February 4 at 1:30 PM Eastern Time
here:

https://cmu.zoom.us/j/94637562700

Join the Accessibility Lunch email list here to ensure that you receive
future announcements.