[Storage-research-list] First Textbook specifically focussed on "Systems Benchmarking - For Scientists and Engineers" available

Samuel Kounev samuel.kounev at uni-wuerzburg.de
Wed Oct 21 09:19:30 EDT 2020

We are happy to announce that our new textbook on systems benchmarking
which has high relevance for the Storage Systems community has finally
been published by Springer! More at: http://benchmarking-book.com

This has been a long-term effort and a major milestone for us: the
initial idea emerged back in 2015 and we have worked intensively over
the past years to make this vision a reality. To the best of our
knowledge, this is the first textbook specifically focussed on this topic.

The book serves as both a textbook and handbook on the benchmarking of
systems and components thereof. It provides theoretical and practical
foundations as well as an in-depth exploration of modern benchmarks and
benchmark development.

Enjoy!
Samuel Kounev, Klaus-Dieter Lange, and Jóakim von Kistowski