[Storage-research-list] HPC IODC Workshop @ ISC

Julian Kunkel juliankunkel at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 7 06:01:25 EDT 2015

Dear all,
we are organizing a workshop focusing on HPC I/O in the Data Center
that is held in conjunction with ISC High Performance in Frankfurt at July 16th.

--- Abstract ---
Managing scientific data at large scale is challenging for scientists
but also for the host data center. The storage and file systems
deployed within a data center are expected to meet users' requirements
for data integrity and high performance across heterogeneous and
concurrently running applications.

With new storage technologies and layers in the memory hierarchy, the
picture is becoming murkier. To effectively manage the data load
within a data center, I/O experts must understand how users expect to
use these new storage technologies and what services they should
provide in order to enhance user productivity. We seek to ensure a
systems-level perspective is included in these discussions.

In this workshop we bring together I/O experts from data centers and
application workflows to share current practices for scientific
workflows, issues and obstacles for both hardware and the software
stack, and R&D to overcome these issues. A common structure of the
talks will be provided to focus on relevant aspects and streamline the
discussion. Short scientific papers related to the topic are welcome
for submission and will be published under open access.

We invite members of data centers interested to give a talk and/or to
submit short papers.
In this case, send a brief information regarding your ideas to:
hpc-iodc-submission at wr.informatik.uni-hamburg.de

For more details see:
http://wr.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/events/2015/iodc

Regards,