[Storage-research-list] MSST 2011 is next month!

Andre Brinkmann brinkman at upb.de
Thu Apr 14 02:57:23 EDT 2011

The 27th IEEE Symposium on Mass Storage Systems and Technologies will be held May 23-27 in the beautiful, historic Brown Palace hotel in Denver:

http://www.brownpalace.com

The symposium will include a day of tutorials, two days of invited papers, the SNAPI Workshop, and two days of  peer-reviewed research papers.

We have a limited number of rooms reserved at the Brown Palace and the adjacent Comfort Inn. The conference  rates vary between the two facilities, so please reserve your room early to get your choice of room and rate. You will find the programs, hotel information, photos of the hotel and the area, and other information at our web site:

http://storageconference.org

Questions are welcome. Hope to see you in Denver!

Sam Coleman
Conference Chair

MSST 2011 Symposium on Massive Storage Systems and Technologies

Tutorials (Monday)

Technology leaders from Yahoo will lead the discussion about storage in the internet and media space. We will  start the day reviewing the current state of cloud storage and where cloud storage is going in the future.   We  will wrap up the day sketching out the biggest problems and storage principles behind large storage  infrastructures. This information will be of interest to anyone involved in massive distributed  systems, architecture and operations of massive storage systems. This will be a free flowing discussion about  technology and strategy and all audience members are invited to be involved.

MSST (Tuesday, Wednesday - Attendees may also attend SNAPI on Wednesday)

In these two days of invited talks and panel sessions, we will hear from leading experts about concrete  experience at the multi-PB scale, advances in storage technology, issues concerning long-term data archives, and  evolving requirements and long-term needs. The agenda allows for discussion and debate, so please come prepared  to participate!

SNAPI (Wednesday - Attendees may also attend MSST on Wednesday)

SNAPI 2011, the 7th IEEE International Workshop on Storage Network Architecture and Parallel I/Os, will  highlight the latest research in the architecture, design, implementation, and evaluation of local and networked  storage and parallel I/O systems. This year, the program includes the latest breakthroughs in solid-state  storage technology, the latest improvements in conventional storage technologies, and new horizons in large- scale storage systems and parallel I/O. The workshop starts off with a keynote by Dr. Gary Grider, Deputy  Division Director (HPC) at Los Alamos National Lab on storage issues in next generation of exascale computing  machines. With adequate material for practitioners and researchers, industry folk and academics, SNAPI 2011 has something new for everyone related to storage.

Research Track (Thursday, Friday)

This year's MSST Research Track will present peer-reviewed papers on the design, implementation, and analysis of  storage systems. The sessions will include 15 full papers and 12 short papers, an invited keynote, a panel  discussion, and posters.  As in previous MSST conferences, this year's conference will be a top-quality venue  for presenting the latest research and development in storage systems and for meeting with colleagues from  industry, academia, and government.