[Storage-research-list] HotStorage '10 Submission Deadline Approaching

Lionel Garth Jones lgj at usenix.org
Thu Mar 18 18:23:31 EDT 2010

On behalf of the 2nd Workshop on Hot Topics in Storage and File Systems
(HotStorage '10) program committee, I would like to invite you to submit
papers that present a fresh, new look at file and storage technologies.

Storage systems research faces important challenges today. The rapid
increase in the volume and variety of digital data, the trend toward
using commodity components rather than custom-built hardware, the
availability of persistent storage memory technologies, and the
proliferation of consumer-electronics storage devices all offer exciting
opportunities for developers. The HotStorage workshop aims to bring
together researchers interested in presenting their thoughts and
engaging in discussions with their colleagues.

We expect the workshop submissions to advocate unorthodox approaches
advancing the state of the art in file and storage systems design. Ideas
presented in the workshop should provide a fresh, new look at storage
technologies and eventually lead to a work that will likely appear in
top-tier systems conferences. The presentations should stimulate healthy
discussions among the workshop participants.

Topics of interest include but are not limited to new ideas in:

* Cluster and data center storage architectures
* Mobile storage
* Cloud storage
* Storage for embedded systems
* Solid-state storage
* Archival storage
* Storage at home
* Search and data retrieval
* Storage management
* Storage security
* Algorithms for data caching

Submissions are due Thursday, April 1, 2010, 5:00 p.m. PDT.

For more details on the submission process, please see the complete
Call for Papers at:
http://www.usenix.org/hotstorage10/cfpa

HotStorage '10 will be part of the USENIX Federated Conferences Week,
which will take place June 22-25, 2010.

We look forward to receiving your submissions!

Jiri Schindler, NetApp
HotStorage '10 Program Chair
hotstorage10chair at usenix.org

Call for Papers
2nd Workshop on Hot Topics in Storage and File Systems (HotStorage '10)
June 22, 2010
Boston, MA
http://www.usenix.org/hotstorage10/cfpa
Submissions Deadline: April 1, 2010, 5:00 p.m. PDT