[Storage-research-list] USENIX FAST '10 Call For Papers Now Available

Lionel Garth Jones lgj at usenix.org
Fri May 8 13:02:52 EDT 2009

The 8th USENIX Conference on File and Storage Technologies (FAST '10)
Program Committee invites you to contribute to the refereed papers,
Work-in-Progress reports, and poster session.

FAST '10 brings together storage system researchers and practitioners to
explore new directions in the design, implementation, evaluation, and
deployment of storage systems.

Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
* Archival storage systems
* Auditability and provenance
* Caching, replication, and consistency
* Cloud storage
* Data-intensive applications
* Database storage
* Designs with solid state devices
* Distributed I/O (wide-area, grid, peer-to-peer)
* Empirical evaluation of storage systems
* Experience with deployed systems
* File system design
* Mobile and personal storage
* Parallel I/O
* Power-aware storage architectures
* Reliability, availability, and disaster tolerance
* Search and data retrieval
* Storage management
* Storage networking
* Storage security
* Virtualization
* Web 2.0 storage infrastructure

Paper submissions are due by 11:59 p.m. EDT on September 10, 2009.

The FAST technical sessions will include sessions for Work-in-Progress
reports, which will include preliminary results and "outrageous"
opinion statements, as well as a
poster session. We are particularly interested in presentations of
student work. Please send WiP submissions to fast10wips at usenix.org.

The Call for Papers, with submission guidelines, is now available at
http://www.usenix.org/fast10/cfpa/

The 8th USENIX Conference on File and Storage Technologies (FAST '10)
will take place February 23-26, 2010, in San Jose, CA.

We look forward to receiving your submissions!

Sincerely,

Randal Burns, Johns Hopkins University
Kimberly Keeton, Hewlett-Packard Labs
FAST '10 Program Co-Chairs