[Storage-research-list] FAST 2009 Deadline Extension (fwd)

Greg Ganger ganger at ece.cmu.edu
Fri Sep 12 10:50:44 EDT 2008

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 09:28:36 -0400 (EDT)
From: Margo Seltzer <margo at eecs.harvard.edu>
To: bod at usenix.org, fast09pc at usenix.org
Cc: anne at usenix.org, anton at usenix.org, dana at usenix.org, devon at usenix.org,
     jel at usenix.org, jpeterson at usenix.org, rwheeler at redhat.com, tony at usenix.org
Subject: FAST 2009 Deadline Extension

Board members, USENIX staff, and FAST Program Committee members:

The FAST submission deadline is supposed to be 9:00 PM EST tonight.

However, Hurricane Ike is heading straight for the coast of Texas and
one of our PC members has already forwarded me mail indicating that
Texas A&M is closed down for today.  There are places that are evacuating.

Ric and I have talked it over and we've decided to issue a blanket 48-hour
extension to the FAST deadline.  We don't want to get into the game of trying
to figure out who is or is not affected by the storm, but with another 48 hours,
people can get out of harm's way and finish those last few hours of prose
polishing (because we know the research results are all complete and final by
now ;-)

I will notify authors who have already submitted, but we need to get the word
out ASAP.

In particular:

Anywhere we normally send the CFP should probably get this updated news.
The FAST web site should be updated ASAP to reflect the new deadline (9:00 PM EST
 	Sunday, September 14)
Anywhere else we can think of.

I appreciate everyone's help in getting the message out.

Fingers crossed for everyone in Ike's path.

- Margo