[Storage-research-list] USENIX FAST '09 Call For Papers

Lionel Garth Jones lgj at usenix.org
Tue May 27 14:36:27 EDT 2008

The 7th USENIX Conference on File and Storage Technologies (FAST '09)
Program Committee invites you to contribute to the refereed papers,
Work-in-Progress reports, and poster session.

FAST '09 brings together storage system researchers and practitioners to
explore new directions in the design, implementation, evaluation, and
deployment of storage systems.

Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
* Archival storage systems
* Caching, replication, and consistency
* Database storage issues
* Designs with emerging storage devices
* Distributed I/O (wide-area, grid, peer-to-peer)
* Empirical evaluation of storage systems
* Experience with deployed systems
* Innovative file or data storage system design
* Manageability
* Mobile and personal storage
* Parallel I/O
* Reliability, availability, disaster tolerance
* Scalability
* Security
* Storage as a service
* Storage networking
* Virtualization

Paper submissions are due by 9:00 p.m. EDT on September 12, 2008.

The FAST technical sessions will include slots for Work-in-Progress
reports, preliminary results, "outrageous" opinion statements, and a
poster session. We are particularly interested in presentations of
student work. Please send WiP submissions to fast09wips at usenix.org.

The Call for Papers, with submission guidelines, is now available at
http://www.usenix.org/fast09/cfpa/

The 7th USENIX Conference on File and Storage Technologies (FAST '09)
will take place February 24-27, 2009, in San Francisco, CA.

We look forward to receiving your submissions!

Sincerely,

Margo Seltzer, Harvard University
Ric Wheeler, Red Hat
FAST '09 Program Co-Chairs

Systems Technical Committee (MSSTC), and IEEE TCOS