[Storage-research-list] Last Call for Papers and Deadline Extension: SNAPI 2008

Andre Brinkmann brinkman at hni.upb.de
Mon Apr 21 12:15:11 EDT 2008

SNAPI 2008

5th IEEE International Workshop

on Storage Network Architecture and Parallel I/Os

September 22, 2008 (Monday)

Sheraton Inner Harbor, Baltimore, Maryland, USA

http://www.snapi08.wustl.edu

In conjunction with the

25th IEEE Conference on Mass Storage Systems and Technologies (MSST'08)

http://storageconference.org

Important dates

*             Paper submission: April 30 => Extended to May 5

*             Notification of acceptance: July 1

*             Final camera-ready paper: July 20

Description

The tremendous need for storage capacity and I/O performance has become a

critical factor for computing systems, generally, from enterprise systems to

computational science and everything in between. As a result, disk I/O and

data storage on which data reside have clearly become "first class citizens"

in the modern information world. In addition, parallelism is now ubiquitous

in computing, from multi-core processors within a single enclosure to

massively parallel I/O systems that span many racks of equipment. SNAPI08

brings together experts from academia and industry to discuss cutting edge

research on parallel and distributed data storage technologies, storage

interconnects, and storage management.

Topics of interest include but are not limited to:

*             Networked storage manageability, reliability, and availability

*             Networked storage performance and scalability

*             File systems, object-based storage, block-level storage

*             NAS and SAN architectures

*             Storage networking: e.g. Fibre Channel, InfiniBand, IP
Storage, iSCSI

*             Parallel I/O architectures

*             Caching and consistency

*             Evaluation of networked storage architectures

*             Storage management systems

*             Distributed metadata management

*             Integration of storage and computation

Author Instructions

Authors are invited to submit a manuscript of no longer than 8 single-spaced

pages (including figures, references, and appendices) using 10pt or larger

font. Submissions should be viewable by Adobe Acrobat Reader (version 3.0 or

higher), and should be emailed to snapi08 at wustl.edu. All accepted papers
will

be presented at the workshop, included in a workshop proceedings
(distributed

at the workshop), and made available via the IEEE digital library.

Steering Committee

Qing Yang, University of Rhode Island

Hong Jiang, University of Nebraska-Lincoln

Xubin He, Tennessee Tech University

General Chairs

André Brinkman, University of Paderborn, Germany

Roger D. Chamberlain, Washington University, USA

Sponsorship

IEEE Mass Storage Systems Technical Committee (MSSTC), Merritt Jones, Chair

Program Committee

Ahmed Amer, University of Pittsburgh, USA

Angelos Bilas, FORTH and University of Crete, Greece

Yitzhak Birk, Technion Haifa, Israel

Toni Cortes, Barcelona Supercomputing Center, Spain

Dilma DaSilva, IBM T.J. Watson Research Center, USA

Beniamino DiMartino, Second Univ. of Naples, Italy

Christian Engelmann, Oak Ridge National Lab, USA

Jizhong Han, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China

Young-Sik Jeong, Wonkwang University, Korea

David R. Kaeli, Northeastern University, USA

Ben Kobler, NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, USA

Thomas Ludwig, University of Heidelberg, Germany

Ethan Miller, UC Santa Cruz, USA

Geyong Min, Bradford University, UK

Christine Morin, Inria, France

Dhabaleswar K. Panda, Ohio State University, USA

Jehan-Francois Paris, University of Houston, USA

Maria Perez, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, Spain

Ulrich Rueckert, University of Paderborn, Germany

Robert D. Russell, University of New Hampshire, USA

Peter Sobe, University of Luebeck, Germany

Peter Varman, Rice University, USA

Tao Xie, San Diego State University, USA

Zhiyong Xu, Suffolk University, USA

Laurence T. Yang, St. Francis Xavier University, Canada

Yifeng Zhu, University of Maine, USA