[Storage-research-list] Write Ordering work

Richard Paul Spillane rick at fsl.cs.sunysb.edu
Tue Jan 29 13:01:46 EST 2008

Hello, I work at the file systems and storage lab at Stony Brook and am
trying to find out about work in write ordering I/Ops to the file system
(for use with transactions).  I just wanted a couple pointers, anything
would be helpful.  I found a white paper submitted to Fast 05 but the
work was done using simulations, and for my purposes, I am trying to
find an operating system implementation/design.  Write ordering is a
well known concept, so I felt that there are probably some canonical
papers on the topic that I could start my search from.  Any help would
be appreciated, thanks!

--
Rick