[SIGBOVIK] SIGBOVIK 2021 Call for Papers and Reviews

SIGBOVIK Announcements sigbovik-announce at lists.andrew.cmu.edu
Tue Feb 9 15:30:14 EST 2021

To All Students, Faculty, Staff, and Sentient AIs:

The fifteenth annual SIGBOVIK conference will take place at Carnegie Mellon
University Online on *Thursday, April 1, 2021* on *the internet*. The
Special Interest Group on Harry Q. Bovik is a multidisciplinary conference
dedicated to lesser-known research areas neglected by mainstream
conferences, such as:

   - Complexity practice,
   - Software theorizing,
   - Multi-armed philanthropists,
   - Connotational semantics,
   - Computer-computer interaction,
   - Data of unusual size,
   - And many more!

We encourage everyone to submit both papers and reviews, regardless of
affiliation, discipline, rationality, or goodwill. Authors of accepted
papers are encouraged (but not required) to give a ten-minute presentation
of their work.

The submission deadline for both papers and reviews is *March 12, 2021*.

Due to its immense success last year, we will again be using our innovative
*triple-blind* peer review process: In addition to concealing reviewers and
authors from each other, the papers will also be concealed from the
reviewers.

Further disinformation is available on our website:
http://sigbovik.org/202 <http://sigbovik.org/2021>1

To keep up with our announcements, subscribe to our low-traffic mailing
list:

If you have no idea what’s going on:

SIGBOVIK is an evening of tongue-in-cheek academic presentations. If we
have a goal, it’s to poke fun at our fields and provide a venue for silly
ideas with (often but not always) serious executions. SIGBOVIK has both a
published proceedings and live talks, and everyone is welcome to
participate in either or both of these. All subjects are welcome, although
be advised that the primary audience is computer scientists. The best way
to get a feel for SIGBOVIK is to look at our past proceedings, which you
can find at http://sigbovik.org.