[SIGBOVIK] SIGBOVIK 2016 Announcement

SIGBOVIK Announcements sigbovik-announce at lists.andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Mar 31 14:07:42 EDT 2016

To All Students, Faculty and Staff:

This is a reminder that the 10th annual rendition of the prestigious
SIGBOVIK conference is being held tomorrow. All are invited to attend!

*When: *Friday, April 1, 2016 at 5:00pm
*Where: *Rashid Auditorium, GHC 4401
*Why:* Because real research is so hard, sometimes you need to unwind with
joke research!

This year's proceedings will be made available soon at the official
website: http://sigbovik.org/2016.

Anyone who wants to give a last-minute presentation can sign up either
on-site or at the following link:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UX30FU_bZa41y1s2MkBjgIY4acE2bZGu77WtsxIhhxY/edit?usp=sharing

If you have no idea what’s going on:

SIGBOVIK is an evening of tongue-in-cheek academic presentations. If we
have a goal, it’s to poke fun at our fields and provide a venue for silly
ideas with (often but not always) serious executions. SIGBOVIK has both a
published proceedings and live talks, and everyone is welcome to
participate in either or both of these. All subjects are welcome, although
be advised that the primary audience is computer scientists. The best way
to get a feel for SIGBOVIK is to look at our past proceedings, which you
can find at sigbovik.org.