[SIGBOVIK] 2008 Proceedings Now Available

SIGBOVIK Announcements sigbovik-announce at lists.andrew.cmu.edu
Sun Apr 6 00:55:11 EDT 2008

The Proceedings of SIGBOVIK 2008 are available from sigbovik.org,
specifically from here:

http://sigbovik.org/2008/sigbovik2008-proceedings.pdf

A very limited number of printed proceedings will be available
tomorrow, but (thanks to our sponsors QVT Financial LP) we will
provide all authors and organizing committee members who do not
receive a copy of the proceedings tomorrow with a nicely-bound version
of the finalized proceedings. Furthermore, all conference-goers can
pre-order proceedings tomorrow for $5.

We hope to see you tomorrow from 1 until, eh, 3? in Wean Hall 7500.
The following set of events is likely neither a sound (scheduled talks
are tentative until they are over) nor complete (many things will
happen! only some will be on the list!) approximation for the schedule
of SIGBOVIK 2008, and is in no particular order, but gives an
indication of what presentations we know about. If you are not on this
list and would like to be, let us know.

* VRsML: Functional Programming in 3-d
* Igpay Atinlay inway Igpay Atinlay: ethay irstfay unabridgedway igpay
atinlay ictionaryday
* SOCIO-ECONOMIC FACTORS AND AUTOMATED STATISTICAL ANALYSIS OF THE
LOLCAT LANGUAGE!!!1!
* Special Apple Announcement
* Relentless Parallelism
* Slacking with Slack
* The Evolution of Pen-Based Computing
* Data Mining Disasters: A Report
* A Focused Approach to Focus on Focusing

 - The SIGBOVIK Committee On SIGBOVIK