[SCA-Dance] Sellenger’s Round variants

Historical Dancer historicaldancer at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 08:59:13 EDT 2017

Over the years I have seen MANY variations, including the 3B dancing it in
a line.  I know the form was repeated in later editions of Playford, but I
can not name them at this time.

I have also danced it where the 8 slips around are done in the more 18th
century style of walking around your partner rather than slipping around
the circle.

I've also seen it done without the 'whoosh' feature at all.

For the rest, there seem to be chorus variations:

   - Step ball change in/double back out
   - Walking double in/out
   - 3 steps in with a hop and a clap on the 4th step/double back out
   - Step, hop / step, hop / double back out
   - Walking double in / turn to face the outside and walking double out

Jane

<http://www.pamperedchef.com/pws/NikiSalomone>

Hosts receive discounted/free items, get to enjoy host specials, and at
least 10% off orders for a year!