[SCA-Dance] Get back into the dance ASAP

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Fri Jun 26 23:56:41 EDT 2015

On Fri, 26 Jun 2015, Tim McDaniel <tmcd at panix.com> wrote:
> The parent article is 10 pieces of historical advice.
> http://www.theguardian.com/books/2015/jun/18/top-10-life-lessons-books-of-the-past-elizabeth-archibald-ask-the-past
>
> 2. How to Recover from a Dance Mishap, 1538 [from Negri]

Urraca and Perronnelle both point out that I misread the article.
Urraca wrote, "That advice is not from Negri, but from Antonius
Arena. The Guardian used an *illustration* from Negri's 'Le Graties
d'Amore' because 'Leges Dansandi' has no illustrations."

Indeed, the caption on the section cites that Arena source, and Negri
is the caption on the photo.  (I had had the impression that Negri was
much later than 1538, but didn't check.)  My apologies for the
misreading.

Danett Lincoln
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com