[SCA-Dance] "Drive the Cold Winter Away"

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Wed Feb 18 01:19:07 EST 2015

On Tue, 17 Feb 2015, Tim McDaniel <tmcd at panix.com> wrote:
> (Dayfdd says "the rest of the men in a line begin a figure that they
> have four measures to complete", but he doesn't bother to mention
> how long a "measure" is or give beat counts for anything here -- if
> it's 4 beats per measure, our timings if not our repetition counts
> agree.)

Before I get flamed for ignorance:
I just checked the Terp booklet and almost all the English Country
dances are listed as "== in 4 ==".
But I'm not a musician -- I took a couple of years of music in middle
school decades ago, and the reproduction of Playford doesn't look
entirely like the modern notation I learned, so I'm not at all at home
with music.

Danielis de Lindocollino
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com