[SCA-Dance] "Drive the Cold Winter Away"

Garden, John (DPS) John.Garden at aph.gov.au
Mon Feb 16 02:10:38 EST 2015

All good thought grist to the mill.

John
garden at earthlydelights.com.au

-----Original Message-----
From: sca-dance-bounces+john.garden=aph.gov.au at sca-dance.org [mailto:sca-dance-bounces+john.garden=aph.gov.au at sca-dance.org] On Behalf Of Tim McDaniel
Sent: Monday, 16 February 2015 6:02 PM
To: sca-dance at sca-dance.org
Subject: Re: [SCA-Dance] "Drive the Cold Winter Away"

A thought just hit me: first man might be backing a D. from *man 2*.
(Hey, it's the only direction I hadn't considered so far.  Except for
man 1 backing into woman 1.)  In the Banys/Gresley dances, Armyn has A
hanging back from B and C with effect that, when they start the final
hey, A can start the hey at the same moment as B and C.  But that
wouldn't have the same effect here, unless the other men were to
follow the leader through this point a double forward/back of the line
-- this would give man 1 4 extra beats to do ... something?
So I think this thought that just hit me may need to be thrown back.

Danet de Linccolne
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com
To send mail to the entire list, be sure sca-dance at sca-dance.org is listed
in the To line of any response.