[SCA-Dance] Dance to "So Treiben Wir Den Winter Aus - Mediaeval Baebes"?

White,John john.white at drexel.edu
Sun Feb 15 23:20:39 EST 2015

So, it's not "Drive the Cold Winter Away"?

       \\Dafydd C
Maybe it's my imagination, but I have a slight feeling that the tune
"So Treiben Wir Den Winter Aus" by Mediaeval Baebes
(e.g., https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7_d0jJL7S4 ; I bought a copy)
has an SCA dance associated with it.  Does this ring any bells or is
this another misfiring set of neurons?

http://easpringstede.net/rites-and-rituals/so-treiben-wir-den-winter-aus-thus-we-drive-the-winter-out/
says "The 16th century German song 'So Treiben Wir Den Winter Aus'
('Thus We Drive the Winter Out') describes an ancient tradition among
Europeans."  Well, other pages say south Germans.

Daniel de Lincolnia