[SCA-Dance] Dance to "So Treiben Wir Den Winter Aus - Mediaeval Baebes"?

tmcd at panix.com tmcd at panix.com
Sun Feb 15 21:29:58 EST 2015

Maybe it's my imagination, but I have a slight feeling that the tune
"So Treiben Wir Den Winter Aus" by Mediaeval Baebes
(e.g., https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7_d0jJL7S4 ; I bought a copy)
has an SCA dance associated with it.  Does this ring any bells or is
this another misfiring set of neurons?

http://easpringstede.net/rites-and-rituals/so-treiben-wir-den-winter-aus-thus-we-drive-the-winter-out/
says "The 16th century German song 'So Treiben Wir Den Winter Aus'
('Thus We Drive the Winter Out') describes an ancient tradition among
Europeans."  Well, other pages say south Germans.  My group does a
performance dance at the Candlemas event, around Fenruary 2, which is
often enough near the start of spring in Austin, TX, so dancing to
this tune something that looks good visually would be of some thematic
interest.

Daniel de Lincolnia
Tim McDaniel; Reply-To: tmcd at panix.com