[SCA-Dance] Are you on Facebook?

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pbm.com
Mon Nov 24 12:32:38 EST 2014

On Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 05:19:09PM +0000, Mary Railing wrote:

> Greg: on Facebook groups that cross-post to a mailing list, how do
> they deal with the issue of posting people's comments to another
> venue? Do they ask permission of each individual to cross-post their
> comments, or do they just announce that all posts will be posted
> elsewhere? Given that a lot of the posts on the Facebook group are
> by people who are not on this mailing list, I would worry that
> someone might object to their comments being forwarded without their
> permission.

You're right, I meant to suggest that the initial posting and not
subsequent comments get forwarded... and looking back, I see that I
wasn't clear. And, of course, it would have to be announced. Asking for
permission each time would probably annoy folks.

Even only cross-posting initial postings and not comments might gather
objections from a few people. The FB group is public, but it's public
in a different way from the mailing list.

-- Gregory