[SCA-Dance] Article for Dance Musicians

Charlene C charlene281 at gmail.com
Thu May 1 21:37:54 EDT 2014

On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 11:26 AM, Margaret Roe <mlysett at yahoo.com> wrote:

> If I recall correctly (I'm at work, so I can't go check), there is a lovely version for this dance on In Timely Measure Move: http://www.amazon.com/Timely-Measure-Queens-HaPenny-Consort/dp/B00G5X6XUM .  Some of their other pieces are really hit or miss to how well they actually work (the group does "modified" versions of some of these dances), but I think this piece was right.

I'm guessing you're referring to their Contrapasso. It's a little
brisk for beginners, but danceable. Unfortunately, the sound clip
isn't long enough to know if the repeats are correct.

They have two CDs, each with a version of Bella Gioiosa. That's
another song I've been looking for. I'm not thrilled with either of
the two versions I have. I may have to spend a couple of bucks to
check these out.

Thanks,
--Perronnelle