[SCA-Dance] Re-post - Come for the dancing, stay for the hedgehogs - Yule Ball Dec 5-7 2014 in Cambridgeshire, England

Margaret Menzies margaret.menzies at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 14:04:10 EDT 2014

Greetings,

Apparently the event link in my original posting for Flintheath's Yule Ball
 got cut off. So here again is the information about the Shire of
Flintheath's Yule Ball fete. Note that the event has been combined with
Drachenwald's annual Kingdom University so there will be even more
activities to take part in on Saturday.

Announcement
Come dance in a period great hall in front of an open fire this coming
December 5-7!
Event link with travel and reservation information:
http://www.flintheath.org.uk/Events/YuleBall2014/YuleBall2014.php

A link with more information about the event site Buckden Towers:
http://www.fobt.org.uk/towers.htm

The theme for this year's Ball is the Bestiary. All the beasts of reality,
traveler’s' tales and legend. The animals we see all around us, such as
hares, foxes, deer and the dwindling population of wolves and bears. Those
exotic creatures of which merchants and sailors love to tell, such as
elephants,  crocodiles and parrots. And the creatures that no one claims to
have seen themselves, but only heard rumours, like the unicorn, manticore
and gryphon. And lest we forget, the Principality's favorite grape stealing
hedgehogs.

Inquiries about attending the event should be addressed to the event
stewards, but you are also welcome to contact me via this posting if you
are thinking of traveling to the UK in early December and wish some travel
advice .

Yours in service,

Margaret de Mey