[SCA-Dance] Trenchmore music?

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Tue Jan 28 13:55:24 EST 2014

On Tue, 28 Jan 2014, Charlene C <charlene281 at gmail.com> wrote:
> "Trenchmore" appears to be a type of dance (like waltz, polka) rather
> than a particular dance.

I think I came across an article to that effect, like Trenchmore might
be a class of dances from Ireland.  I think I also once heard of an
account of a court event of Elizabeth I where there was money paid to
the three who danced Trenchmore.

> The version in the Terp book is the one I've seen most often in the
> SCA.

That's the one we're planning for the Candlemas event this weekend
(hope you can make it).  But I'm still curious if there are other
versions being danced in the SCA.

> Since you aren't dancing to the phrase anyway, the music really
> doesn't matter much for this dance.

Yeah, you just need a nice beat.  I think I was at a dance where we
used Female Sailor faute de mieux.

Danihel Lindum Colonia
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com