[SCA-Dance] Dancing at non-dance events

Sonya patches023 at verizon.net
Tue Jan 21 14:43:13 EST 2014

This bounced. Sorry.

  _____

From: patches023 at verizon.net [mailto:patches023 at verizon.net]
Sent: Tuesday, January 21, 2014 10:15 AM
To: jducoeur at gmail.com; patches023 at verizon.net
Cc: sca-dance at sca-dance.org
Subject: Re: Re: [SCA-Dance] Dancing at non-dance events

About recruiting, I also do a dance at Balticon a medium science fiction con
in Baltimore. We do get some folks from it but not a lot. There are a couple
of other science fiction/animae cons in the DC area that maybe I could check
out.

Thanks for the validation about dancing after feast.  It seems like the
consensus is that dancing after feast is not a recipe for success.  Can we
turn the discussion to how to get the event stewards on board with doing the
dancing earlier?  Usually dance is competing with other activities for
space, how do people get the event stewards to give up some large space for
dancing?  Or maybe my expectations need to be lowered.  When people have
done dancing earlier in the day, has it been a big ball?

I like the solution of interspersing dancing and fighting (or whatever the
other main activity is).

Thanks again for the great suggestions and brain storming.

Patches