[SCA-Dance] SCA Dance History Ball

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Mon Jan 20 13:55:59 EST 2014

On Sat, 18 Jan 2014, Janet Scheltema <hollyharpist at yahoo.com> wrote:
> This ball will have dances that have been popular during
> the 40 years of the SCA.

I was astonished to learn yesterday that I'd pretty much forgotten
Duchess Rondalynn's Pavane, and the dance mistress here didn't even
have it on tape, much less CD or iPad.  (I happen to have Mannheim
Steamrooler's CD _Fresh Aire II_.  The tune is track 12, "Toota
Lute".)  We had to dig instructions out of the 1990 (I think)
Ansteorran Dance Symposium Proceedings; I couldn't find them on a
quick Google search.

The theme/time period for Bryn Glwad's Candlemas event is,
paraphrasing, when you joined the SCA.  We've been thinking of doing
Duchess Rondalynn's Pavane as an A&S demo entry (with tongue-in-cheek
so far in that it's practically a piercing), but we'll have to
actually *work* at it!

Danyll "I'd forgotten the Vogue-ing at the end" Lincoln
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com