[SCA-Dance] MS Lansdowne 1115?

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Fri Jan 17 00:18:39 EST 2014

http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/~praetzel/sca/lansdowne.html

On Fri, 17 Jan 2014, White,John <john.white at drexel.edu> wrote:
> My thoughts: The dance Cunningham equates to Lull Me Beyond Thee is
> nothing like that dance except for the arrangement of the couples.

I've spent a few minutes looking at "[Lansdowne]" in that page.

The first verse has lines abreast sideways (perpendicular to the
original lines) going down and up.

The second verse has lines going to the walls, the ends curving in,
and sideways lines going up and down.

The third verse includes the ends going outside and meeting in the
middle.

That has enough likeness to certain major features of Lull Me Beyond
Me to make me want to look at [Lansdowne] more, and perhaps experience
with Lull Me Beyond Thee would help me interpret it.

My group finally nailed Argeers, and later did Cuckolds All a Row, and
everyone said something like "Hey, that's the training wheels for
Argeers!  We should have learned that one first!".

Daniel de Lincolia
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com