[SCA-Dance] MS Lansdowne 1115?

Aaron Macks upelluri at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 20:16:10 EST 2014

A couple of notes on Landsdowne:
1.  None of the dances there have names in the MS, all names are
reconstructed from cognate dances in playford or others.  I think
Cunningham was the first to do this
2.  Cunningham's transcriptions are not without error, and omit an
information about pagination.  I don't have any reason to expect errors
in this one, but they are known to be imperfect.
3.  There's a complete transcription including the diagrams in Ian
Payne's _The Almain in Britain_, it's the appendix.  This one includes
page info and notes about editorial choices.  All around a better one
then Cunningham, and comes in a useful, if dense, book

GunDormr