[SCA-Dance] Pinagay bransle

Justin du coeur jducoeur at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 08:22:08 EDT 2013

My impression is that that tendency (and it varies in many bransles) is
mainly driven by what musical recordings a branch happens to use.  Some
musicians (notably Wolgemut) have a tendency to repeat everything in the
bransles, even when Arbeau doesn't obviously call for it.

I don't think there's been any global change to the dance, though: this is
probably just local custom.  (Reconstruction always varies across the
Society...)