[SCA-Dance] Origin of SCA Trenchmore

Charlene Charette charlene281 at gmail.com
Tue May 7 15:10:21 EDT 2013

This one, like Half Hannikin, may be attributable to Millar. The SCA
version you note appears in both his books. He writes: "By 1564 [....]
Trenchmore was already a well-known dance. Surprisingly, its directions
were not published until 1721." This is obviously untrue. I checked up to
the 1709 edition (the latest I have access to) and the dance still has the
setting and arming figures in the second part. Does anyone have access to
the 1721 edition to check what it says?

--Perronnelle