[SCA-Dance] Italian dance workshop suggestions

Justin du coeur jducoeur at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 09:19:12 EDT 2013

On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 9:00 AM, Mary Railing <mrailing2 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> The problem with Alta Regina and Petit Rose is that there is no available
> recording of the music, so unless you have a live band you can't dance them.

Actually, there *is* a recording of Alta Regina, just not a great one.
 When Clara did her pamphlet on Caroso dances (around 8 years ago?), I did
synth recordings of the dances therein, four or five of them.

It's by no means a pretty recording -- it's distinctly synthesized -- but
by the standards of synth it's adequate.  We can dig it out for folks if
there's demand for it -- it's what we use to teach Alta Regina, and it
functions reasonably well...