[SCA-Dance] Italian dance workshop suggestions

Annikki Raiford annikki1973 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 06:09:00 EDT 2013

On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 1:12 AM, Charlene Charette
<charlene281 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm planning an SCA Italian dance workshop. Out of curiosity, what would be
> your top three 15th C. and top three 16th C. Italian dances? (I have some
> ideas what I want to teach, but I'm interested in hearing what others would
> do.) Assume no prior Italian dance knowledge.
>
> --Perronnelle

15th: Petit Riens, Rostiboli, and Anello
16th: Ballo del Fiore, La Castellana, and Contrapasso en Due

You might want to tailor that to what's popular around you, so that
attendees are more likely to be able to take what they learn and use
it at other events.  You could also replace one of those and do some
good How-to-Improv-a-Piva/Saltarello/Pavanne?

Adele Desfontaines