[SCA-Dance] Bassedanses

David Learmonth david.a.learmonth at gmail.com
Thu Jun 27 01:17:38 EDT 2013

I had mentioned to Jadzia that for a few years now I've been meaning to
also give serious pursuit to Bassedanses, to give it a shot and see if I
could help make it part of the common repertoire more-so, and at least to
get better at them myself.  Perhaps I'll finally have time to look at this,
now that we're past many of the major events for the moment.  :)

But just in response, I wanted to say that, I actually haven't had too much
trouble bringing most styles of dance to the average person who has some
interest in dance, and to make it interesting or exciting, or at least to
discuss the benefits of it to us in a modern sense, and/or in a historical
context.  However, bringing it to the non-dancing populace has proven
difficult in our kingdom (Ealdormere).  Even with some Kings and Barons
supporting it, it seems to just no longer be part of the culture.  And
sadly, most Ealdormereans did not attend KWDS when it was up this way, so
they couldn't see how awesome Dancing can be.  :(

Darius